Cedar Rapids RAGBRAI Campground Details
On Thursday, July 26, 2012, Cedar Rapids will welcome as many as 20,000 RAGBRAI® riders to stay and play in our city. The Cedar Rapids RAGBRAI committee has selected three camping areas for registered RAGBRAI riders. Campgrounds include:
- Ellis Park, also known as The Orange Tribe – This is designated as the main Cedar Rapids RAGBRAI campground and will be filled on a first come, first served basis for registered single riders and teams. Support cars (no RVs or buses) must have a RAGBRAI registration to park in this campground. It is 32.3 acres and 3.2 miles from May’s Island, and can accommodate 9,000 campers.
- Veterans Memorial Park & Cleveland Park, jointly known as The Blue Tribe –This campground is available on a first-come, first-served basis specifically for RVs and buses associated with registered single riders and teams. This area has capacity for up to 450 RVs or buses and 4,000 campers. Support vehicles must have a RAGBRAI registration to park in this campground. It is 10 acres and 1.4 miles from May’s Island.
- Cherry Hill Park, also known as The Green Tribe – This is exclusively for official RAGBRAI Charters with which Cedar Rapids has worked to place. Support vehicles must have a RAGBRAI registration to park in this campground. Cherry Hill Park is 36.1 acres and 4.75 miles from May’s Island.
The TRIBAL COUNCIL has spoken:
- Cedar Rapids RAGBRAI is not accepting campground reservations, they are first come/first serve.
- Only RAGBRAI registered riders may stay within these official campgrounds. Other Cedar Rapids city parks are not open for RAGBRAI camping.
- Only officially RAGBRAI registered support vehicles with a RAGBRAI placard will be allowed within the three official campgrounds.
- Registered RV’s/Buses must use Veterans Memorial Park unless a private or County site is preferred.
- Each campground will feature entertainment, including live music at The Orange Tribe in Ellis Park.